I have always wanted a big family! Having a career has just never been as important to me as having a family. So after a few years of enjoying marriage and adjusting to the military life, Chris and I decided to try for kids. So when he returned home from his second tour in Korea in May 2007, we started trying. The following month we found out I was pregnant. It was such an exciting day!
When it came to finding out the sex, Chris and I really didn't care as long as he/she was healthy. But...I always kind of wanted a little boy first and Chris dreamed of a little girl. While I was pregnant I kept telling Chris we were going to have a boy because I just had a gut feeling. So when the doc told us that it indeed was a little boy, I was incredibly happy! The only problem was that Chris and I had plenty of girl names picked out but no boy names. (Other than the middle name...we always knew it would be Michael.) So, we started the process of picking out names and finally decided on Caiden. We wanted something different and a name that was unique but not over the top.
Well, 35lbs. later and a week late, Caiden Michael, weighing in at 8lbs. 8oz., decided to join us after 37 hours of labor and a last minute c-section on March 6th, 2008. That is and will always be the best day of our lives!!!
It was instant love at first sight. He was the most beautiful baby and we were just so proud to be his parents.
It is now 6 months later and our baby is growing up so fast. He is eating baby food, sitting up on his own, grabbing everything in sight, giving hugs and kisses, and laughing up a storm. We can't remember what life was like before him. We wake up every morning excited about seeing him and watching him grow. He learns something new every day and makes us smile more than we ever have. Words cannot describe how much he has changed our lives for the better. He has been an incredible blessing and the perfect addition to our family. We thank God for our little Caiden!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment