I feel so out of place being back at school again. I was just there last fall but everything has changed since then. I am a mommy now and that has changed me completely! At school I find myself surrounded by young adults who don't have any responsibilities and only talk about their wild weekends drinking and partying. I, on the other hand, am constantly thinking about Caiden. I think about what he's doing at the moment, if he's crying, whether or not he's going to nap for me so I can study when we get home, am I going to feed him mixed veggies or fuits that night, or I'll just think about how big he's getting and how much I want to be with him at the moment, which makes me sad! I don't know if it's a new mom thing or not but I am obsessed with my child! I just want to be with him 24/7. Granite, I am for the most part, but the 3 days I have class and have to leave him for 3 or 4 hours kills me!!! I hate being away from him! I don't know how some parents do this! How do you juggle it all and not feel guilty every minute of the day?
I know I don't have to be in school. It's not like it's mandatory to have an education. But, a part of me says that if I don't get it over with now, I'll never get it done. And if I do this now with just one kid, I won't have to do this when I have multiple kids. I really do want to teach so without this degree, I'm pretty much useless. I also feel have put so much pressure on myself to do this because having a degree is a pride thing. I wouldn't feel good about myself if I didn't have a good educational background. I also want my kids to be proud of their parents and for us to lead by example with furthering their educations.
So I sit here and am torn about the whole situation. I want to work on my degree, but I want to be with my son too! Ahhhhhhh, does any of this get any easier!? Am I the only one who has gone through this or is this normal? I just feel so stressed with it all! I hope I learn how to adjust and deal with this all soon!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey!! I have been thinking recently about signing up for the University of Pheonix online. I have a good friend that has a 3 year old and she attends University of Pheonix - she loves it because she never has to leave the house!! They help you with financing, placement, counseling and everything all from home. Pretty neat concept! Thought I would mention that - I know I would hate to leave my little man too. But if you continue to forego attending an on-site school, I've heard that the transition eventually gets easier ;)
Post a Comment