Friday, November 7, 2008

8 months



As my baby boy turns 8 months old, I realized just how much he has grown in the past few months. He can do so much and I'm so incredibly proud of his accomplishments and new skills. I thought I'd share them with you...



Caiden can now eat a few solids, so he spends a lot of time snacking and trying to put fruit and veggie puffs in his mouth. So far he loves the Gerber Graduates yogurt, fruit, and veggie puffs. I thought that every baby liked bananas...but they make Caiden gag. He really doesn't like them at all. (fresh ones and baby food). He also has the same dislike for peas. I wonder if that will pass?



His 2 bottom teeth have finally come in and there wasn't much of a fussy phase that led to them coming in, so I guess we're lucky!

Crawling is his new favorite past time, and there's no place he hasn't been in our house. He prefers crawling on carpet though. Anytime he has to crawl on tile he hesitates and does this "dead leg" move where he only uses one leg to pull him across the floor and kind of has this "dead leg" lagging behind him. We were playing Follow The Leader the other day and I crawled over the tiled floor myself...and OMG my knees hurt real bad, so I'm assuming that the hard tile hurts his knees just the same. But it's still funny when he does the "dead leg"...wish you could see it!


When he's not crawling, he's busy standing on the furniture and pulling everything off the tables. Anything from pulling tissues out of the tissue box...to taking the candles out of the center piece...everything is in danger of Caiden's little hands...

Caiden says "Dada" all the time but I'm not sure if he just likes the way it sounds or actually knows that he's saying a word. Regardless I constantly say "Mama" to get it in his head...hopefully I will get to hear him say that soon!!! What a proud moment that will be!

He makes the funniest faces in the world....see...this is the most common one and he breathes heavily in and out through his nose...it's sooo funny!!!


We have to keep all electronics away from him. He's obsessed with remote controls and if he sees us pick one up he'll instantly stop what he's doing and turn to look at the TV. I really think that he knows that the remote and the tv go together. He's also in love with the telephone. If he sees we are on it or if he hears it ring, he starts bouncing and want to talk too.

He no longer plays with his toys. I bought all these wonderful toys and instead of playing with them, he'd rather be chasing the kitties around the house. If they run away he just takes their toys and entertains himself with cat toys.


The other day he finally figured out that he had complete control over his hands and all of a sudden a big smile appeared when he saw he could open and close them. Now he constantly stares at his hands while he opens and closes them. It's precious!

The kid laughs at anything! Chris and I love hearing him laugh! He's such a sweet boy!!


These are only a few new things Caiden can do! I'm sure there'll be a whole new list in a few months.

I absolutely LOVE being a mommy and am so lucky I can experience every moment with him during his first year! These little moments are what life is truely made of!

Caiden's Pumpkin Patch


He was in love with this card a friend sent him...


Swinging at the park...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dearest Chris and Nina-
It was such a joy seeing the photo's of my grandson. It is hard being so far away and seeing him grow through coorespondences. But we understand, and are very happy for you and your family. We are well in PC and are looking forward to a visit in the future. Give a big kiss and hug to Caiden and love to you both.
Love Mom and David Wayne.